Just Come Home

***So before you even start reading this post, trust me when I say there is a point to it and I won't just talk about my puppy the entire time. 


I am usually not a very superstitious person but this Friday the 13th got me. Okay, I am still not superstitious but I didn't like this Friday at all.

My super sweet and SUPER energetic puppy didn't wake up with his usual attitude Friday. He wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink, looked very depressed and I didn't like it at all. I immediately began to worry because I knew something was up but I certainly had no clue or to what degree. I went ahead and went to school, hoping he would improve while I was away-after all, maybe he was just sleepy or having a bad day? I couldn't stop worrying about him so at lunch, I went home to check on him. He wasn't improving but I was going to wait until mom got home and looked at him before taking him anywhere. Once mom got home, the vet's office was closed so we decided to just take him the next morning if things hadn't changed. You guessed it...I woke up Saturday and poor little Tuck was still very down and not wanting to play or eat. I did as promised and took him to the vet. They ran a test on him and we discovered that Tuck had a very dangerous virus in which he had previously had shots to prevent. I just thought I was worried! They kept him overnight to administered fluids and antibiotics. I went and picked him up this morning and although he is still recovering, I am thankful he was well enough to do so at home.

Tucker is ready to go home!!

So please do keep my sweet boy in your prayers but here is the important part of this post.

This whole incident lasted less than three days and I have been so on edge and doubtful. Tucker got taken away from me and there was nothing I could do about it. I had no control over the situation and I was scared I was going to permanently lose something that meant so much to me. All I wanted was to rescue him, make things better, and get him back home where he belonged. But I couldn't. I had to let the process do it's thing.

Not following me? Well let me put it this way. Let's say that since I wanted to "protect" Tucker and control the situation, I just kept him at home and searched DIY tutorials to "keeping your dog alive when you know good and well he just needs to be at the vet". Good thing I am not crazy and did that because I would have lost my pup. I did what I had to do, which was let him go into someone else's hands for a bit.

While he was gone, he was all I could think about and I seriously just wanted to be with him. This situation sticks out to me so much because I feel like this is how God feels when his children (hello...that's you and me!) get a "virus" from contamination of the world and walk away from him and put our lives in something or someone else's hands for a bit. There is disconnection between us and God and he doesn't like it. God wants us to come back home, where we belong. In the same way that Tucker immediately recognized his surroundings and became really happy when we pulled in the driveway, we will do the same when we give up these false idols and just go pull into our driveway of God's presence.

I know it isn't that easy. I struggle with worshiping false idols daily. BUT I also know that at the times I surrender myself to God and put the idols behind me for a second, things seem clearer. My eyes are opened to new opportunities and my joy returns. God is there to welcome us with a big hug. His hug of course isn't tangible but if you look around or look back at the times you returned to God's presence, you'll recognize the "hugs" he welcomed you home with.

My challenge to you is to
   1) Hug your animals extra tight today :)
   2) Evaluate your life and see what "virus" has attacked you. Work on giving up whatever it is that is causing the symptoms and then enjoy your return "home" (God's presence).

Isaiah 53:6: All of us like sheep have gone astray. Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on him.

Stay Humble, Stay Happy.
xoxo, Kins

Comments

  1. As a long since dead theologian of old said, "All of life is repentance" - a somewhat high-falutin way of saying, be constantly fighting the viruses that you aptly described here. Thanks Kinsey - you're a far from dead, modern-day theologian in your own right! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts