Even in the storm

As I was riding home from school this afternoon, I couldn't help but notice the sky and how dark, yet beautiful it was. If you have ever ridden with me, you already know this, but I am a looker when it comes to riding in the car.  I am constantly observing things and I make comments about everything such as the house we just passed, the car in front of us, or the sky. I can't help but notice things like that and I am always so warmed inside when I notice the sky's beauty because in that, I see God's beauty, which reflects beauty on me. When I look at the pretty sky or the breathtaking sunset, I see how in control God is of my life and that brings great comfort. I don't have to worry about anything because 1)He has already taken care of it, and 2)It won't do me any good. A good passage to remember when you are tempted to not trust God and worry is Matthew 6:25-28...
                  
               If you decide to follow God, living a life of worship, it follows that you don’t fuss about what’s on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birdsHas anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? All this time and money wasted on fashion—do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them. 


I seriously just love that. Every fear and worry that we have has no place in our lives when God is in control. One of my heart's deepest desires is for everyone to experience true peace from the King. I struggle every day to trust God with both big and small things but I like to think of worrying about my future like worrying about a shot. When I get a shot, I get all worked up, but at the end, it was nothing because the person giving it knew what they were doing and no matter how much I worried, I still got the shot. The same goes for my future. No matter how much I worry, my future will still unfold just as God has planned and even if I feel like I have no future or my future won't be good enough, I have to recognize that as a lie from Satan and believe that my future will be great because God is in control and He knows what He is doing

Do yourself a favor and trust that even in the midst of your storm, God is in control. He has his hands on you and He is going to protect and deliver you at just the right time. (Psalm 34:19) He loves you and wants immeasurably more than you could ever think of for yourself. (Ephesians 3:20) Look for the beauty in your storm and if you don't see it yet, just trust that the sun is coming. 




                             


stay humble, stay happy 
xoxo, kins 

Comments

Popular Posts