Grace Wins

As a kid, one of my favorite games to play was hide and go seek. (duh!) It was a game where I could grab a friend, tell her to count to whatever number I was feeling, and go hide with the hopes she would never find me. Being the poor runner and loud child I was, I always got 'found' and never made it back to base on time. Even though I didn't win the round (because I got caught) we still ended up back at baselaughing our heads off from the chaos that had just occurred. Hang in there, I am going somewhere with this.

As I thought about the game of hide and go seek, it instantly reminded me of how my relationship with Jesus can sometimes be. Seriously. I hide from my problems, fears, and doubts, yet he always seeks me and always finds me!! BUT this isn't how it is supposed to be. We are not supposed to hide from God. We can't hide from God. Don't let this scare you. This is the best news you could ever receive! 

One of my all time favorite passages in the Bible is when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It isn't my favorite story because it is the most intense game of hide and seek. It is my favorite story because it shows my favorite thing ever-GRACE! Let's take a look. This is all in Genesis 3;

v8: and they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 
v9: But the Lord God called to the man and said to him. "Where are you?" 
v10: And he said, "I heard the sound of you in the garden and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself." 
v11: He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" 
v12: The man said, "The woman whom you have to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate." 
v13: Then the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate." 
v21: And the Lord God made for Adam and his wife garments of skins and clothed them. 

OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS SO GOOD!!!! This is the just one of many examples of the kind of grace the Father offers us! Adam and Eve had just done something that would forever change the fate of mankind and although God did punish them, he clothed them!! WITH SKINS!! If you are wondering why I am freaking out about this so much, it is because God went the extra mile for Adam and Eve. His choice to clothe them with animal skins required the sacrifice of an animal. Guys how can you not buy into this grace?! The world had just been spoken into existence, the animals just created, and God saw it right to sacrifice one of them to take care of his children who had just failed him and all of mankind.  

Psalm 139:23-30
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

^this^is^my^prayer^for^all^of^you!!!!! That you would live a life fully surrendered to the King and stay ready to receive his guidance. He will not fail you (Deuteronomy 31:8). He loves you (John 3:16). You are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). Nothing you have done or will do is enough to separate you from his LOVE (Romans 8:31-39). Just trust him. Give into his tug at your heart. Stop trying to hide from him-he sees you-he knows you-he is waiting for you. Return to base and experience the fulness of being wrapped in his love and grace.

xoxo, kins

Comments

Popular Posts