Not My Strength, But Yours, O Lord

Something we could all work on is turning to Jesus before turning to others so before you read my thoughts this morning, I want you to read God's promises.

Psalm 46:1-11
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth gives way. Though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though the waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at it's swelling. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the most high. God is in the midst of her she shall not be moved. God will help her when morning dawns. The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is out fortress. Come, behold the works of the Lord, how he has brought desolations on the earth. He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the chariots with fire. Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. 

Much of my fear is established from the uncertainty of what is to come. The enemy knows how much I love to have control of situations and he uses the fact that I cannot know and control everything to pull me away from God and doubt his plan for my life. I am always amazed that I tend to trust the enemy before I trust my Savior. How crazy is that? I listen to the one who is actively trying to destroy every good thing God has planned for me instead of running to the one that is working all things together, for my good.  Psalm 46 is encouraging because it reminds me that my strength is nothing in comparison to God's and that because of His strength, I do not have to fear. Let's just think about it...why would we fear the unknown of our future when the one in control holds so much power and like I said ONLY WANTS GOOD THINGS FOR US. His voice alone yields more power than we could ever comprehend. He spoke the Earth into existence, and still today, he speaks and mountains tremble. That isn't someone I want to continue to run from...I want to be embraced by his power and love.

Today, I encourage you to also be embraced. Let us not rely on our own strength and instead, let's realize that Jesus's strength is all we need and because of him, we are free to live fearlessly.

xoxo, kins

Comments

Popular Posts