YOU ARE FAITHFUL

When entering into a new friendship or relationship, one of my greatest concerns is the other person's faithfulness. Over the past couple of months, Jesus has been working behind the scenes in my life and as He has began to reveal things to me, I become even more amazed and in love with the faithful king I serve.

Romans 12:12 says that we should "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer". Paul was definitely on to something with this instruction and I believe it is imperative that we as Christians remind ourselves of it often. Ecclesiastes 3:11 is one of my favorites, and this week it has come to life for me; "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end". I love this because it reminds me that God does want good things for me and that even when I don't see him working in my life, he is, and he is working on his time, not mine (which is a great thing because my sight is so limited and he sees the whole picture!). God is faithful and he makes things beautiful in his time. Knowing that, I can trust him and be joyful in hope for what is to come, patient when things aren't going as I wish, and faithful when asking for his help, just like Romans 12:12 says to.

Because of God's fierce love and relentless pursuit, I understand why a some of the "bad things" happened in my past. Because of his grace and forgiveness, I don't have to live in fear that he is mad that I sometimes choose to do things my way and not trust him. Because I fear abandonment and others being unfaithful, God will continue to wreck my heart, just to show me that he is the standard of faithfulness and that I too need to be faithful to him and not run when things get hard. Of course there are still many things that I am anxious to understand about my past, present, and future, but because of the things revealed to me, I can rest in the evidence that my Father is faithful and he really does love me.

Now it's your turn. Evaluate your life and see where God is asking you to be faithful, or where you are waiting on him to be faithful and reveal something to you. Pray about what you discover and consider sharing it with someone close. Take advantage and appreciate the fact that God loves us AND is faithful to us. Without love, his faithfulness would not mean anything because it might not get us anywhere good...BUT because of his love, we can trust his faithfulness and plan for us. Jeremiah 29:11..."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". The journey can get rough but let's believe in the promise that the destination is pure bliss. 

xoxo, kins

Comments

Popular Posts